We’d like to invite you to join the #OurGoodNeighbours Challenge to share heartwarming and thoughtful neighbourly acts within your HDB neighbourhood.
Show us what it means to be a good neighbour by submitting a short video through TikTok, or simply upload your video via this form. You’ll stand a chance to win up to $500 worth of shopping vouchers!
About the #OurGoodNeighbours Challenge
The Good Neighbours Movement (GNM) strives to grow a community of friendly neighbours, where fellow residents care and support each other. The movement aims to inspire more neighbourly acts that will make our HDB heartlands an even better place to live in.
You do not need to do something out of the ordinary to be a good neighbour. Small gestures can make a big difference and bring positive impact to others’ lives. Watch these videos for examples of good neighbourliness:
6 April to 4 May 2022
How to Participate
- Create a short video that shows what it means to be a good neighbour, or how you and your neighbours create a pleasant living environment
- Use the hashtag #OurGoodNeighbours in your caption
- Ensure your account is set to public (Go to TikTok app > Go to Profile > Go to Settings > Privacy Settings and Disable Private Account to make it public)
- Don’t have TikTok? Submit your video via this form!
Judging Criteria & Prizes
The most creative and inspiring entries will stand a chance to win shopping vouchers.
1st Prize: $500 Shopping Vouchers
2nd Prize: $400 Shopping Vouchers
3rd Prize: $300 Shopping Vouchers
20 Merit Prizes: $100 Shopping Vouchers
The winners will be announced at the HDB Community Week 2022 event on 28 May 2022. For more information on HDB Community Week 2022, visit https://go.gov.sg/hdb-cw22-gnm.
Terms & Conditions
- The Challenge is open to all Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents residing in Singapore except members of the Challenge Organising Committee.
- The Challenge results will be announced during the HDB Community Week 2022 event on 28 May 2022.
- HDB reserves the right to determine the criteria for selecting the winners and to disqualify any entry which does not comply with the criteria.
- HDB reserves the right to decide on the prizes to be awarded, and to replace prizes with items of a similar value without prior notice.
- Each participant can submit multiple entries. However, each winner can only receive a maximum of 1 prize regardless of the number of entries submitted.
- The participant consents to HDB collecting, using and disclosing his/her personal information for the purposes reasonably required for the conduct and promotion of the Challenge, including but not limited to contacting the participant for the use of his/her entry, for publicity purposes and prize distribution.
- The participant shall retain the ownership of any intellectual property rights in his/her entry.
- The participant represents and warrants that his/her entry for the Challenge does not contain unlawful content or infringe any third-party intellectual property rights.
- The participant warrants and represents that in respect of all authorial works (as defined in the Copyright Act 2021) that may be featured in his/her entry (“Featured Authorial Works”), the Featured Authorial Works were authored solely by the participant. The participant unconditionally and irrevocably consents to HDB:
- (a) Modifying and/or making adaptations to the Featured Authorial Works (as the Featured Authorial Works appear in the entry); and
- (b) Causing to be seen in or supplying to the public the entry and any adaptations of the entry and/or the Featured Authorial Works (as the Featured Authorial Works appear in the entry), without identification of the participant as the author and/or creator of the Featured Authorial Works. The participant further consents to HDB representing any altered Featured Authorial Works, as the Featured Authorial Works appear in the entry, as unaltered.
- (a) Represents and warrants that he/she has the right to post the entry for the Challenge and grant HDB the rights set out in (b) below, and has sought consent from all identifiable individuals in the entry to post the entry;
- (b) Grants HDB the right to use his/her entry, in whole or in part, for HDB’s publicity purposes, including but not limited to on HDB’s websites, social media platforms and at HDB events, including the right to re-post, reproduce, distribute, display, publicise, modify and create derivative works;
- (c) Undertakes to, at all times, indemnify, and hold HDB, its employees and agents harmless against all losses (including direct, indirect, incidental and/ or consequential losses), damages (including general, special, and/ or punitive damages), demands, injuries (other than personal injury caused by HDB’s negligence), claims, costs, penalties, interest and fees (including all legal fees as between solicitor and client or otherwise on a full indemnity basis whether or not incurred in respect of any real, anticipated, or threatened legal proceedings), howsoever caused by, arising or resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, from his/her participation in the Challenge and/or his/her submission of the entry for the Challenge and/or breach of any applicable law.
- All information received by the participant directly or indirectly from HDB for the purpose and in the course of the Challenge are confidential information. The participant shall not disclose such confidential information to any third party without HDB’s written consent.
- All disputes, controversies, or differences arising out of or in connection with the Challenge shall first be considered for submission to the Singapore Mediation Centre for resolution by mediation in accordance with the Mediation Procedure for the time being in force. Should the dispute be submitted to mediation, the parties agree to participate in the mediation in good faith and undertake to abide by the terms of any settlement reached.
- HDB reserves the right to terminate this Challenge at any time or not to award any prizes without furnishing any reasons.