Before key collection
I have an approved HDB Loan Eligibility letter for the purchase of my new flat. Is there anything I need to do now?

If you have earlier obtained an HDB Loan Eligibility letter, you need not do anything at the moment. HDB will write to you on the follow-up actions required nearer to the completion of the flat.

We have booked the flat under the Fiance/Fiancee Scheme. When do we need to produce our marriage certificate?

Under this scheme, you need to solemnise your marriage within 3 months of collecting the keys to the flat. If you intend to solemnise your marriage overseas, please submit a photocopy of your marriage certificate to us.

I have an existing flat and intend to use the proceeds from the sale of the existing flat to buy the new flat. How do I go about it?

Do plan the sale of your existing flat early. If you are invited to collect the keys to the new flat and are in the process of selling your existing flat, you may apply for the Contra Payment Facility or Temporary Loan Scheme to help in the new flat purchase, if you meet the eligibility conditions.

For more information on the Contra Payment Facility or Temporary Loan Scheme, you can visit our HDB InfoWEB at

If I did not opt for the items under the Optional Component Scheme (OCS) when I booked the flat, can I still do it now?

If you did not opt for the OCS items when you booked the flat, you would not be able to do so now. This is because the contractor would have ordered and installed the finishes and fittings.

What are the items under Optional Component Scheme (OCS)?

You can visit our HDB InfoWEB at

I cannot recall what I had opted for under the Optional Component Scheme (OCS). How can I check on that now?

You can refer to the OCS Option Form that was given to you when you booked the flat. If you have misplaced the form, you can contact us at for assistance.

Key collection
When is the Probable Completion Date (PCD) of the flats?

You can login to My HDBPage from HDB InfoWEB at, using your Singpass, to check the latest PCD information.

Select My Flat > Application Status > New Flat > click on your registration number

The PCD is an estimate and the actual completion date will depend on the construction progress. You will be invited to collect keys to your flat when the block is completed.

How will I be informed of the key collection date, and what must I do?

You will be informed of the appointment date and time to collect your keys through SMS and email from HDB. If you did not provide HDB with your mobile number and email address, the appointment letter will be sent to you by post.

In the appointment letter, you will be informed of the mode of payment for the balance purchase price, and the documents to bring on the day of keys collection.

After key collection
What is drywall? Are they strong enough to support fixtures and provide sound insulation?

Drywall is made up of metal framework enclosed with gypsum plaster panels on both sides. It is used as internal partition walls at dry areas i.e. between bedrooms, and between living room and bedroom.

HDB has implemented the use of drywall as part of the national effort to raise construction productivity*. With the use of appropriate anchors, the drywall is strong enough to support common fixtures such as cabinets.

The sound insulation provided by drywall is also comparable to the traditional brick wall. Please refer to the guide provided in the household shelter for more information.

*With effect from 1 Nov 2014, BCA mandated for all non-landed residential developments to adopt drywall as internal partitions for dry areas

Is it safe to install heavy equipment in my flat?

You may place the equipment in your flat as long as it does not exceed the weight of 150kg. If the weight of the equipment exceeds 150kg, you will have to seek approval from HDB prior to its installation.

Why does my flat have a Home Fire Alarm Device (HFAD) and what does it do?

The HFAD is an automatic smoke detector installed on the ceiling that will emit an audible alarm when smoke is detected. It is provided as a fire safety feature for your home.

When you renovate your home, you are advised to place a temporary cover, eg a plastic sheet, over the HFAD to minimise the entry of dust.

Remember to remove the temporary cover after renovation.

To find out more about the HFAD installation, you may refer to SCDF website at

For maintenance tips on the HFAD, please refer to the user manual provided inside your flat.

How do I test if the HFAD is in working condition?

The HFAD can be tested easily by pressing the Test/Reset button located on the front face of the device. A light will blink and an alarm will sound to indicate that the HFAD is working.

How do I maintain the vinyl flooring in my flat?

Vinyl flooring is easy to maintain. You can simply sweep or clean with a slightly damp mop. To protect the floor from scratches, it is advisable to attach soft paddings to furniture legs and exercise care when moving heavy furniture around.

How do I maintain the timber doors in my flat?

You should avoid constant splashing of water on the timber door. To keep the door dry, you can install a shower screen and ventilate the room.

How do I use the clothes drying rack at the service yard/ kitchen?

You can lower the rack in 2 steps:

  1. Unlock the rack by pulling the strap at a 45° angle, in the direction of the arrow indicated on the rack.
  2. Slowly release it to lower the rack.

For more details, please refer to the instruction manual provided in your flat or request for assistance at the Building Service Centre.

There are gaps between the ceramic tiles in my flat. Is this how it should be?

Ceramic tiles are one of the most popular types of flooring materials used in homes. They are durable and easy to maintain.

These gaps, also known as joints, are filled with tile grout. The small gaps or joints between ceramic tiles allow slight variations in the size of the tiles, which may occur during the production of tiles. The gaps or joints also help to accommodate the movement of the tiles, especially when there are changes in temperature in the environment.

I would like to increase the volume of the water closet (WC) flush. What else can I do?

As part of our national water conservation efforts, HDB has installed water efficient WCs in your flat which use less water during each flush. The flushing effectiveness and volume has been tested in accordance with PUB’s standards and requirements to achieve water savings. This will help you to conserve water and lower your water bill.

However, some residents may occasionally prefer to have a stronger flush. Residents may choose to supplement the flushing by installing a hand held bidet spray at the side of the WC.