HDB will launch about 6,000 BTO flats in the last sales launch of 2023. The flats are located across towns such as Bukit Panjang, Jurong West, Woodlands, Bedok, Bishan, Bukit Merah and Queenstown.
You can buy a 4-room flat in Jurong West from $255,000 after grants. The waiting time for flats at the BTO project there is about 3 years and 1 month, so you can move into your flat sooner.
In addition, about half of the BTO flats in this launch will have waiting times of 4 years or below including Sin Ming Residences in Bishan (2 years and 8 months) and Chai Chee Green in Bedok (wait times range from 3 years and 3 months to 3 years and 7 months).
However, we expect high application rates for flats in the mature estates of Bedok and Bishan, so if you’re looking to increase your chances, consider flats in the non-mature towns, where at least 95% of the 4-room and bigger flats are set aside for first-timer families.
With the December sales launch, HDB has launched 22,780 BTO flats this year, in line with our commitment to offer up to 23,000 flats in 2023. With the 1,500 SBF flats and 167 units offered under open booking, HDB has launched 24,447 units in 2023. We are on track to launch 100,000 flats from 2021 to 2025.
BTO Projects on Offer
|Town||Project||Flat Types||Number of Units|
|Non-Mature Town||Bukit Panjang||Petir Park Edge||2-room Flexi, 4-room||334|
|Jurong West||Jurong Arcadia||2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room, 5-room||716|
|Woodlands||Woodlands Beacon||3-room, 4-room||399|
|Urban Rise @ Woodlands||2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room, 5-room||848|
|Mature Town||Bedok||Chai Chee Green||3-room, 4-room, 5-room, Community Care Apartments||1,234|
|Bishan||Sin Ming Residences||3-room, 4-room||732|
|Prime Location Public Housing (PLH) Model||Bukit Merah||Alexandra Peaks||2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room||904|
|Queenstown||Ulu Pandan Vista||3-room, 4-room||890|
Priority Schemes and Grants
We have introduced the First-Timer (Parents & Married Couples) or FT(PMC) category to enable young married couples and parents with young children to secure a flat more quickly. If you do not fall under this category, you can also consider applying for a flat under one of the HDB priority schemes to better your chances of getting a flat.
To prioritise and allocate flats to those with more pressing housing needs, the rules for non-selection have been tightened. Carefully consider when to apply for a new flat, and book a flat when invited to do so.
If you are applying for a flat as a first-timer, there are CPF housing grants of up to $80,000 to help you with your BTO flat purchase. Singles can also receive a CPF housing grant of up to $40,000.
Useful Tips for Flat Buyers
Before applying for your flat, read up on the flat buying process.
Key to the flat application is the HDB Flat Eligibility (HFE) letter. You must have a valid HFE letter before you can apply for a BTO flat. It takes about a month to process an HFE letter after HDB receives all the required documents. To participate in the December launch, you should have applied for an HFE letter and submitted all relevant documents by 11 November 2023. Applicants without a valid HFE letter would not be able to apply for a flat in this sales launch.
Do also note that:
- Information on BTO flats on offer is available on HDB Flat Portal, where you can check out all the details and apply online. You do not have to visit HDB Hub to get the information.
- You can only submit 1 application for 1 flat type and 1 location during each sales exercise.
- To boost your chances of success, look out for projects with lower application rates. You can check the application rates the HDB Flat Portal, which is updated several times a day throughout the application window.
Applicants are shortlisted via a computer ballot and are not processed on a first-come-first-served basis. Just remember to submit your application before the end of the sales launch.
Future residents of this Bukit Panjang BTO project can reach Bukit Panjang MRT, Hillion Mall and Bukit Panjang Plaza with a short bus or LRT ride. Those looking for a place to cycle, trek, or just unwind can head over to the Rail Corridor located nearby.
Perspective of Petir Park Edge
- A total of 334 flats (2-room Flexi, 4-room)
- At Petir Road, beside Petir Park
- Bukit Panjang MRT Station
- Petir and Pending LRT Stations
- Bukit Panjang Neighbourhood Centre
- Bukit Panjang Plaza
- Hillion Mall
- Bukit Panjang Primary School
- Zhenghua Primary School
- Greenridge Secondary School
- Bukit Panjang Community Club
- Pang Sua Park Connector
- Pang Sua Pond
- Petir Park
- Senja-Cashew Community Club
- Senja-Cashew Swimming Complex
- Rail Corridor
- Zhenghua Park
This Jurong West BTO project is located a short walk from food and shopping options at Jurong Central Plaza and Jurong West 505 Market & Food Centre. Residents can also relax amidst the greenery at Jurong Lake Gardens nearby.
This BTO project is a bus ride away from Lakeside MRT station, and a station on the upcoming Jurong Regional Line is also under construction nearby.
Perspective of Jurong Arcadia
- A total of 716 flats (2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room, 5-room)
- Along Jurong West Street 42
- Lakeside MRT Station
- Jurong Region Line MRT Station (station name to be determined)
- Jurong West 505 Market & Food Centre
- Jurong Central Plaza
- Boon Lay Place Market and Food Village
- Boon Lay Shopping Centre
- Yuhua Market & Hawker Centre
- Rulang Primary School
- Shuqun Primary School
- Hua Yi Secondary School
- Yuhua Secondary School
- ActiveSG Jurong East Sports Centre
- Jurong East Swimming Complex
- Jurong Green Community Club
- Jurong Lake Gardens
- Jurong Park Connector
- Jurong Spring Community Club
- Jurong Spring Neighbourhood Park
There will be 2 BTO projects in Woodlands in the December sales launch, meaning more than 1,200 new homes are coming to the North! Both projects are located near the heart of Woodlands, offering the convenience of the town centre – with transportation access via the North-South Line and Thomson-East Coast Line at Woodlands MRT station, and a plethora of food and shopping options at Causeway Point.
Perspective of Woodlands Beacon
Perspective of Urban Rise @ Woodlands
A total of 1,247 flats across 2 projects
- 399 flats (3-room, 4-room)
- 848 flats (2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room, 5-room)
- Bounded by Woodlands Avenue 3, Woodlands Avenue 5, and Woodlands Street 13
- Bounded by Woodlands Avenue 5, North Woodlands Drive, and Woodlands Square
- Woodlands MRT Station
- Causeway Point
- Marsiling Mall
- Si Ling Primary School
- Woodgrove Primary School
- Riverside Secondary School
- Singapore Sports School
- Republic Polytechnic
- Admiralty Park
- Treehaus Park
- Woodlands Community Club
- Woodlands Civic Centre
- Woodlands Sport Centre
- Woodlands Park Connector
- Woodlands Town Park East
If you’re looking for a home in the east, good news – the Bedok BTO project will offer more than 1,200 flats across a wide variety of flat types, including 3-, 4-, and 5-room flats, and even Community Care Apartments (CCAs). Designed for seniors to age independently in their silver years, CCAs combine senior-friendly design features with care services. Learn more about the features of CCAs.
Flats at Chai Chee Green will have a wait time of less than 4 years, making it a great choice for those looking to move into their homes sooner. However, do bear in mind that application rates for flats in mature estates tend to be higher.
Future residents of this project will be spoilt for choice when it comes to food options, with Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre and Bedok 538 Market and Food Centre nearby.
Perspective of Chai Chee Green
- A total of 1,234 flats (3-room, 4-room, 5-room, Community Care Apartments)
- Bounded by Bedok North Road and Chai Chee Lane
- Bedok MRT Station
- Bedok North MRT Station
- Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre
- Bedok Mall
- Bedok 538 Market and Food Centre
- Pasar Makan @ Reservoir
- Reservoir Village
- Bedok Green Primary School
- Damai Primary School
- Fengshan Primary School
- Red Swastika School
- Telok Kurau Primary School
- Yu Neng Primary School
- Bedok Green Secondary School
- Damai Secondary School
- Bedok Reservoir Park
- Bedok Stadium
- Bedok Town Park
Flats at Sin Ming Residences have the shortest waiting time this launch – homes here will be completed in just 2 years and 8 months. These flats are part of the Shorter Waiting Time flats that HDB offers.
Located along Sin Ming Road, the Bishan BTO project is a short walk from Upper Thomson MRT station on the new Thomson-East Coast line, allowing fast connection to the city centre. More facilities like Bishan Stadium, Bishan Public Library and Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park are just a bus ride away. Nature lovers can also escape into the lush greenery of MacRitchie Reservoir, also located nearby.
As these flats are located in the mature estate of Bishan, we expect higher application rates for these flats, so do keep this in mind as you consider your options.
Perspective of Sin Ming Residences
- A total of 732 flats (3-room, 4-room)
- Along Sin Ming Road
- Upper Thomson MRT Station
- Bishan North Shopping Mall
- Shunfu Mart
- Sin Ming Plaza
- Thomson Plaza
- Ai Tong School
- Catholic High School
- Whitley Secondary School
- Eunoia Junior College
- Bishan Stadium
- Bishan Swimming Complex
- Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park
- Kallang Park Connector
- Macritchie Reservoir
- Marymount Community Club
- Thomson Community Club
- Upper Thomson Park Connector
Wake up to scenic waterfront views at the Bukit Merah BTO project. Cycle, jog or take a leisurely stroll along Alexandra Canal and Alexandra Park Connector, which stretches all the way to Tanglin Road.
Future residents will be served by the nearby Redhill MRT station, and they can also enjoy the food options nearby at Redhill Market and Food Centre.
Flats at Alexandra Peaks are offered under the Prime Location Public Housing (PLH) model. Learn more about buying a PLH flat in our guides.
Perspective of Alexandra Peaks
- A total of 904 flats (2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room)
- Bounded by Alexandra Road and Prince Charles Crescent
- Redhill MRT Station
- Beo Crescent Market
- Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre
- Redhill Market and Food Centre
- Tiong Bahru Market and Food Centre
- Tiong Bahru Plaza
- Alexandra Primary School
- Gan Eng Seng Primary School
- Zhangde Primary School
- Crescent Girls’ School
- Gan Eng Seng School
- Alexandra Park Connector
- Delta Sports Centre
- Henderson Community Club
- Leng Kee Community Club
- Tiong Bahru Park
Future residents of this Queenstown BTO project can enjoy the best of both worlds. Not only will residents enjoy waterfront views and lush greenery along Ulu Pandan Canal, they will also have convenient access to Dover MRT station located just next door. Residents can also head over to the nearby Ghim Moh Market and Food Centre, where food choices abound.
Flats at Ulu Pandan Vista are offered under the Prime Location Public Housing (PLH) model. Learn more about buying a PLH flat in our guides.
Perspective of Ulu Pandan Vista
- A total of 890 flats (3-room, 4-room)
- Bounded by Commonwealth Avenue West and the Ulu Pandan Park Connector
- Dover MRT Station
- Ghim Moh Market and Food Centre
- Holland Village
- Holland Drive Market and Food Centre
- The Star Vista
- Fairfield Methodist School (Primary)
- New Town Primary School
- Fairfield Methodist School (Secondary)
- New Town Secondary School
- Anglo-Chinese Junior College
- Singapore Polytechnic
- Buona Vista Community Club
- One-North Park
- Rail Corridor
- Ulu Pandan Community Club
- Ulu Pandan Park Connector
Buy Your Flat
15 August 2021
Buy Your Flat
21 July 2023
Buy Your Flat
17 November 2021
Buy Your Flat
2 August 2021