This article was updated on 25 May 2021.
In the May Sales Launch, there will be 3,879 Build-To-Order (BTO) flats on offer, spread over 4 towns – Bukit Merah, Geylang, Tengah, and Woodlands. There are also 2,494 Balance Flats across various towns and estates for your selection.
The application portal will open from 25 – 31 May. Here’s a summary of everything you need to know.
BTO Projects on Offer
|Town||Project Name||No. Units||Starting Prices Before Grants||Starting Prices After Grants*|
|Tengah||Garden Bloom @ Tengah||782||2-room Flexi from $113,000
4-room from $299,000
5-room from $404,000
|2-room Flexi from $33,000
4-room from $239,000
5-room from $359,000
|Woodlands||Woodgrove Ascent||1,540||2-room Flexi from $98,000
3-room from $185,000
4-room from $275,000
5-room from $372,000
|2-room Flexi from $18,000
3-room from $110,000
4-room from $215,000
5-room from $327,000
|Bukit Merah||Telok Blangah Beacon||175||3-room from $419,000
4-room from $602,000
|3-room from $359,000
4-room from $557,000
|Geylang||Macpherson Weave||1,382||2-room Flexi from $180,000
3-room from $343,000
4-room from $489,000
|2-room Flexi from $100,000
3-room from $283,000
4-room from $444,000
*The starting prices of flats in the table above are based on 99-year leases. For illustration purposes, the assumed Enhanced CPF Housing Grant (EHG) amounts are:
- 2-room Flexi flat: $80,000
- 3-room flat: $75,000 in non-mature towns and $60,000 in mature towns
- 4-room flat: $60,000 in non-mature towns and $45,000 in mature towns
- 5-room flat: $45,000 in non-mature towns
The actual grant amount received will depend on the buyers’ income and eligibility.
Grants and Priority Schemes
Buyers with a household income of up to $14,000 can buy BTO flats. Eligible first-timer applicants can also receive CPF housing grants of up to $80,000 (families) or $40,000 (singles). You could also better your chances of getting a flat under several HDB priority schemes.
Useful Tips for Flat Buyers
Before you submit your flat application, do read up more on the flat buying process and take note of the following tips:
- Information on the BTO flats on offer is available on HDB Flat Portal, where you can check out all the details and apply online. You do not have to visit HDB Hub to get the information.
- If you do not have Internet access, do seek support from family members instead of visiting HDB Hub or Branches. Those who require assistance, especially seniors, may call the HDB Sales/ Resale Customer Service Line at 1800-866-3066 for assistance.
- Consider applying for a BTO flat in non-mature towns to enjoy a higher chance of success in securing a flat. You can also check the application rates of past BTO projects for each town via HDB Flat Portal.
- You can only apply for flat type/ category in 1 town.
- Regular updates on the application numbers for the various flat types/ towns will be published on the HDB InfoWEB, so check for updates before submitting your application.
- If you wish to take up an HDB housing loan for your flat purchase, a valid HDB Loan Eligibility (HLE) Letter is required when you book a flat. Do check your loan eligibility and apply for an HLE letter at www.hdb.gov.sg/hleapply.
Applicants are shortlisted via a computer ballot, and are not processed on a first-come-first-served basis. Just submit your application before the end of the sales launch!
Look no further if you are keen to get a home that is well-connected to amenities, public transport, and even Mother Nature.
The BTO project at Bukit Merah is within walking distance to the Circle line, between Telok Blangah and Labrador Park MRT stations. It is also right next to Telok Blangah Mall, and near a wet market, community centres, and primary schools.
For those looking to connect to nature, this project is a short distance away from Telok Blangah Hill Park and Mount Faber Park and you can take hikes along the HortPark and Southern Ridges trail.
170 (3-room, 4-room)
Along Telok Blangah Drive
- Telok Blangah MRT station
- Labrador Park MRT station
- West Coast Highway
- Ayer Rajah Expressway
- Depot Heights Shopping Centre
- Blangah Rise Primary School
- Radin Mas Primary School
- Telok Blangah Hill Park
- Telok Blangah Community club
- Radin Mas Community Club
Two is usually better than one, and that’s no exception for this BTO project which will have easy access to 2 MRT lines – the Circle line and Downtown line.
(Fun Fact: MacPherson’s Circle line station is also a designated Civil Defence shelter that will be activated in times of national emergency)
Foodies rejoice! Your new home will be walking distance from an existing neighbourhood centre, market, and food centres such Circuit Road Market & Food Centre, MacPherson Market & Food Centre, and the hawker centre at Blk 79/ 79A Circuit Road.
Need to let off steam after a long day at work? The project is near the Balam Park Connector, which is part of the Central Urban loop – this means you can walk, jog, or cycle along the Kallang River to sweat it out or just immerse yourself in greenery.
1,380 (2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room)
Bounded by Circuit Road, Circuit Link, and Paya Lebar Road
- Macpherson MRT Station
- Pan Island Expressway
- Circuit Road Market & Food Centre
- MacPherson Market & Food Centre
- Hawker centre at Blk 79/79A Circuit Road
- Canossa Catholic Primary School
- Maha Bodhi School
- Geylang Methodist Primary and Secondary School
- Geylang East Swimming Complex
- MacPherson Community Centre
- Geylang East Library
The location of this project has got us “greening” from ear to ear. HDB is applying its Biophilic Town Framework in the development of Tengah town, which will also have a car-free town centre.
This means that your home will be surrounded by lush landscaping and greenery, and you can expect dedicated walking and cycling paths along all roads.
Some key features include a 100m wide and 5km long Forest Corridor connecting the Western Water Catchment Area and Central Catchment Nature Reserve.
You will also have easy access to Singapore’s seventh MRT line, the Jurong Region Line, via Hong Kah and Tengah MRT station – the whole JRL is expected to complete by 2028.
Living in HDB’s newest town has its perks – all the nearby amenities are going to be spanking new and modern.
780 (2-room Flexi, 4-room, 5-room)
Bounded by Tengah Central and Tengah Garden Walk
- Hong Kah MRT Station (est. completion 2026)
- Tengah MRT Station (est. completion 2026)
- Tengah Plantation MRT Station (est. completion 2026)
Upcoming town centre, neighbourhood centre, and community club
- Dunearn Secondary School
- Hua Yi Secondary School
- Jurongville Secondary School
- Jurong Primary School
Upcoming Forest corridor, town park
This project has so much to offer – green spaces such as parks and park connectors, as well as lots of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. The town is also currently being rejuvenated under HDB’s Remaking Our Heartland (ROH) programme.
Getting a flat in this project also puts you within walking distance of Woodlands MRT station, which connects you to the North-South Line and Thomson-East Coast .Line.
You can also look forward to exciting new developments such as a 1.9km long community link which connects Woodlands Central and the Woodlands Waterfront, Marsiling Park, and an integrated healthcare complex called the Woodlands Health Campus.
1,540 (2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room, 5-room)
Along Woodlands Avenue 1
- Woodlands MRT station and bus interchange
- Marsiling MRT station
- Seletar Expressway
- Causeway Point
- Woodlands Civic Centre
- Marsiling Mall
- Si Ling Primary School
- Innova Primary School
- Woodgrove Primary and Secondary School
- Singapore Sports School
- Treehaus Park
- Woodlands Stadium
- Sports Hall
- Swimming Complex
- Fuchun Community Club
- Woodlands Community Club