The November Sales Launch here! This round there will be 5,795 Built-to-Order (BTO) flats on offer, located in 5 towns – Sembawang, Tengah, Bishan, Tampines and Toa Payoh (Bidadari). The Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) exercise will also be held concurrently, and there are 5,220 balance flats across Singapore for you to choose from!
The application portal is open from 17 to 23 November 2020. There are choices aplenty, so here’s a summary of everything you need to know.
|Town||Project Name||No. Units||Starting Prices Before Grants||Starting Prices After Grants*|
|Sembawang||Sun Sails||720||2-room Flexi from $92,000
3-room from $163,000
4-room from $260,000
5-room from $336,000
|2-room Flexi from $12,000
3-room from $88,000
4-room from $200,000
|Tengah||1. Garden Court @Tengah
2. Garden Terrace @Tengah
|1,570||2-room Flexi from $108,000
3-room from $194,000
4-room from $288,000
5-room from $394,000
|2-room Flexi from $28,000
3-room from $119,000
4-room from $228,000
5-room from $349,000
|Bishan||Bishan Ridges||1,500||2-room Flexi
(40-year Lease) from $121,0003-room from $374,0004-room from $528,000
(40-year Lease) from $41,0003-room from $314,0004-room from $483,000
|Tampines||Tampines Green Emerald||750||2-room Flexi from $130,000
4-room from $334,000
5-room from $460,000
|2-room Flexi from $50,000
4-room from $289,000
5-room from $430,000
|Toa Payoh- Bidadari||1. Bartley Beacon
2. Parkview @ Bidadari
|1,230||3-room from $324,000
4-room from $466,000
5-room from $627,000
|3-room from $264,000
4-room from $421,000
5-room from $597,000
*The starting prices of flats in the table above are based on 99-year leases. For illustration purposes, the assumed Enhanced CPF Housing Grant (EHG) amounts are:
- 2-room Flexi flat: $80,000
- 3-room flat: $75,000 in non-mature towns and $60,000 in mature towns
- 4-room flat: $60,000 in non-mature towns and $45,000 in mature towns
- 5-room flat: $45,000 in non-mature towns and $30,000 in mature towns
The actual grant amount received will depend on the buyers’ income and eligibility.
BTO Projects on Offer
Here are some additional information to help you prepare for your flat application.
Grants and Priority Schemes
Buyers with a household income of up to $14,000 can buy BTO flats. Eligible first-timer families can also receive up to $80,000 of housing grants. Read more about the HDB priority schemes to better your chances of getting a flat.
Your eligibility for a 2-room Flexi flat is determined based on factors such as your age, the lease tenure, and whether buyers are first-timers, second-timers, singles or seniors.
Useful Tips for Flat Buyers
Before you submit your flat application, do read up more on the flat buying process and take note of the following tips:
- Information on the BTO flats on offer is available on HDB InfoWEB so you can check out all the details and apply online. You do not have to visit HDB Hub to get the information.
- If you do not have Internet access, do seek support from family members instead of visiting HDB Hub or Branches. Those needing assistance, especially the seniors, may call the HDB Sales/ Resale Customer Service Line at 1800 – 866 3066 for assistance.
- Consider applying for a BTO flat in non-mature towns to enjoy a higher chance of success in securing a flat
- You can only apply for flat type/ category in 1 town
- Regular updates on the application numbers for the various flat types/ towns will be published on the HDB InfoWEB, so do check for updates before submitting your application
- If you wish to take up an HDB housing loan for your flat purchase, a valid HDB Loan Eligibility (HLE) Letter is required when you book a flat. Do check your loan eligibility and apply for an HLE letter at www.hdb.gov.sg/hleapply.
Applicants are shortlisted using a computer ballot; they are not processed on a first-come-first-served basis. So there is no need to rush to submit your application!
Sembawang (Non-Mature Town)
There are abundant amenities around the area to meet your daily needs. The nearest being Sembawang Garden Arcade, an enclave of retail, dining and service outlets located right beside the project, and Sembawang Shopping Centre which is across the street!
Future developments include Canberra Plaza, a new-generation Neighbourhood Centre which is connected to Canberra MRT, and Bukit Canberra, an integrated sports and community hub.
Sembawang is also home to the famous Sembawang Hot Spring Park which reopened earlier this year with much fanfare. You will be happy to know that the hot spring is just a 15-minute walk from this project!
720 (2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room, 5-room)
Bounded by Sembawang Avenue, Sembawang Road, and Sembawang Link
Sembawang MRT station, Canberra MRT station
- Sembawang Garden Arcade
- Sun Plaza
- Sembawang Shopping Centre
- Sembawang Primary School
- Wellington Primary School
- Endeavour Primary School
- Canberra Secondary School
- Sembawang Secondary School
- Current: Sembawang Hot Spring Park, Sembawang Public Library
Upcoming: Canberra Plaza, Bukit Canberra
Tengah (Non-Mature Town)
Hop on the green and sustainable movement by applying for either of these two projects at Tengah Town, Singapore’s first smart and sustainable town! One of the upcoming key features of Tengah is is a 100-metre wide and 5km long Forest Corridor which will connect the Western Water Catchment Area and Central Catchment Nature Reserve. Other ‘green’ features in Tengah include spaces for community gardening and urban farming.
Autonomous vehicles will also be piloted at Tengah Town to provide residents with convenient first-mile-last-mile connection to key transport nodes and amenities. The two projects are also located near upcoming amenities in the town, such as a Neighbourhood Centre, a Community Club, and are served by two MRT stations on the Jurong Region Line.
- Garden Court @ Tengah: 790 (2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room, 5-room)
- Garden Terrace @Tengah: 780 (2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room, 5-room)
- Garden Court @ Tengah: Bounded by Tengah Garden Avenue, Tengah Garden Walk, and Plantation Crescent
- Garden Terrace @Tengah: Bounded by Tengah Garden Avenue, Plantation Crescent, and Tengah Boulevard
- Tengah Plantation MRT station (est. completion 2026)
- Hong Kah MRT station (est. completion 2026)
- Pan-Island Expressway
Upcoming Neighbourhood Centre integrated with polyclinic
- Bukit Batok Secondary School
- Dunearn Secondary School
- Millennia Institute
- Princess Elizabeth Primary School
Upcoming in Tengah Town
- Forest Corridor
- Community Farmways
- Central Park
Bishan (Mature Town)
Bishan is well-connected and has a wide array of retail and dining options that range from your friendly neighbourhood stalls and familiar hawker fares, to restaurants and shops in Junction 8 shopping mall. Parents should also know that there are a number of established primary and secondary schools near this project.
This project will also appeal to those aspiring towards an active lifestyle. The Kallang Park connector runs along the project and you will have no trouble keeping in shape with Bishan Stadium, Bishan Sports Hall, Bishan Swimming Complex, and Bishan-Ang Mo Kio park conveniently located nearby.
1,500 (2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room)
Bounded by Bishan Street 13 and 14
- Bishan MRT station
- Bishan Bus Interchange Central Expressway (CTE)
- Junction 8
- Bishan Town Centre
- Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Primary and Secondary Schools
- Guangyang Primary and Secondary Schools Catholic High School
- Raffles Girls’ School (Secondary)
- Raffles Institution
- Bishan Stadium
- Sports Hall and Bishan Swimming Complex
- Bishan Public Library
- Kallang Park Connector
- Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park
Tampines (Mature Town)
There are numerous shopping malls in Tampines where you can find your favourite retail and dining outlets! On top of that, Our Tampines Hub, an integrated lifestyle complex with a swimming complex, also features a sports hall, library, community club, and a hawker centre.
This project is located between Tampines West and Bedok Reservoir MRT stations. Bedok Reservoir is also right across the street, perfect for exercise and nature lovers.
750 (2-room Flexi, 4-room, 5-room)
Bounded by Bedok Reservoir Road and Tampines Street 96
- Tampines West MRT Station
- Bedok Reservoir MRT Station
- Pan-Island Expressway
- Tampines Mall
- Tampines One
- Century Square
- Tampines Town Centre
- Junyuan Primary School
- Tampines Primary School
- St Hilda’s Primary and Secondary School
- Springfield Secondary School
- Junyuan Secondary School
- Poi Ching School Temasek Polytechnic.
- Our Tampines Hub
- Bedok Reservoir
- Tampines SAFRA
Toa Payoh- Bidadari (Mature Town)
Bidadari is an up-and-coming town with homes designed to be surrounded with garden-like green spaces. It will only get more picturesque with the upcoming Bidadari Park where Alkaff Lake will be situated. The former Upper Aljunied Road nearby will also be transformed into a 700-metre Heritage Walk lined with conserved rain trees.
The park itself will be complemented by a Bidadari Greenway which will traverse through the neighborhood and will be lined with rest spots, commercial, and social communal facilities.
- Bartley Beacon: 880 (3-room, 4-room, 5-room)
- Parkview @ Bidadari: 350 (3-room, 4-room)
- Bartley Beacon: Located at the junction of Bartley Road and Mount Vernon Road.
- Parkview @ Bidadari: Bounded by Upper Aljunied Road, the upcoming Sang Nila Utama Road, and the future Bidadari Park
- Bartley Beacon: Bartley MRT station
- Parkview @ Bidadari: Woodleigh MRT
- Neighbourhood Centre at Potong Pasir Avenue 1
- Upcoming: Woodleigh Village Woodleigh Mall
- Cedar Primary School
- Maris Stella High School (Primary and Secondary)
- Bartley Secondary School
- Cedar Girls’ Secondary School
- Bidadari Greenway
- Bidadari Park
- Alkaff Lake
Buy Your Flat
A Guide to Prime Location Public Housing (PLH)
17 November 2021
Buy Your Flat
A Single’s Guide to Buying an HDB Flat
19 April 2022
Buy Your Flat
A Guide to HDB Flat Priority Schemes
24 January 2022
Buy Your Flat
A Guide to the Enhanced CPF Housing Grant (EHG)
21 May 2021