What’s new in the ‘hood? Plenty of #HDBeautiful blocks!
HDB has been working to catch up on our construction schedule and deliver Covid-delayed homes to Singaporeans. We’re on track to complete 20,000 new flats in 2023, and the steady recovery of our building programme will continue to be our priority for the next few years.
Take a walk around the heartlands and capture the new #HDBeautiful blocks that catch your eye.*
12 June to 10 July 2023
How to Participate
1. Snap a shot of new HDB blocks that you see around Singapore.
2. Post your photo on Facebook or Instagram.
On Facebook, submit your photo by uploading it as a comment on the announcement post on HDB’s Facebook page or Canon Singapore’s Facebook page.
On Instagram, post your photo on your account, use the hashtag #NewBlocksInMyHood in the caption, and tag @SingaporeHDB and @CanonSG. Make sure your account is set to public so we can see your entry.
5 winners will be selected, with each winner receiving an HDB playground collectibles set and a Canon SELPHY CP1500 photo printer.
*Note: If there are identifiable individuals in the submitted photos, you must obtain the individual’s express written consent before submitting the photo for the contest. You shall be deemed to have obtained the individuals’ consent upon submission of the photos, and must be able to provide proof of the consent if requested by Canon or HDB.
The New Blocks in My Hood Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is jointly organised by Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“Canon Singapore”) and the Housing & Development Board (“HDB”), and the Contest Rules (as stated below) form the Contest Terms and Conditions. All persons registering or taking part in this Contest (the “Participants”) agree to be bound by these Contest Terms and Conditions.
- The Contest is open to all individual Singapore residents and Permanent Residents residing in Singapore only, who are: (i) aged 18 and above as at the start of the Contest Period (as defined below). Participants below the age of 18 are not allowed to participate in this Contest.
- Employees of: (a) Canon Singapore; (b) Canon Singapore’s advertising agencies; (c) HDB; and the immediate family members of these employees, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- By participating in the Contest, each Participant represents and warrants that he/she has met the eligibility criteria stated in these Contest Terms and Conditions.
- The “Contest Period” is stipulated in the Contest post on HDB’s Social Media Pages (“HDB’s Facebook and Instagram”) and Canon Singapore’s Social Media Pages (“Canon Singapore’s Facebook and Instagram”). Canon Singapore and HDB reserve the right to amend the Contest Period at any time.
- To participate, users must post a photo of an interpretation of the theme “New Blocks in My Hood” on Facebook or Instagram.
- On Facebook, they must post the photo as a comment on the contest announcement post, either on Canon Singapore’s Facebook or HDB’s Facebook.
- On Instagram, they must post the photo on their own Instagram account, use the hashtag #NewBlocksinMyHood in the caption, and tag @canonsingapore and @singaporeHDB. Their Instagram account must be set to public.
- Each participant may make multiple submissions but is only entitled to win one prize in the Contest.
- Only entries that are considered as complete and correct by Canon Singapore and HDB will be eligible. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified.
- Proof of submission is not proof of receipt, and Canon Singapore and HDB shall not be responsible or liable for any delay or non-receipt of submissions.
- Participants shall participate in the Contest on his/her own account and shall not submit entries or participate on behalf of other persons. Each Participant represents and warrants that: (i) he/she has obtained all necessary consents, licenses and approvals required in connection with the Contest and his/her participation, and; (ii) all materials, documents and forms submitted or created by him/her in connection with the Contest are original and do not infringe on the rights of any party, including but not limited to any intellectual property rights, patent, trademark, or brand name registered or enforceable anywhere in the world.
- If there are identifiable individuals in the submitted photos, the Participant shall obtain the individual’s express written consent before submitting the photo for the Contest. The Participant shall be deemed to have obtained the individuals’ consent upon submission of the photos, and must be able to provide proof of the consent if requested by Canon or HDB.
- Based on the submitted contact details, winners will be contacted via a private message on Instagram or Facebook after the contest is over and the winners have been determined.
- There will be 5 winning entries for the Contest. Each winner will receive an HDB playground collectibles set and a Canon SELPHY CP1500 photo printer.
- The winners for the Prizes (“Winners”) will be selected by Canon Singapore and HDB based on their photo submissions.
- The awarding of prizes will be subject to verification to the full satisfaction of Canon Singapore and HDB. Any Participants who do not comply with the Contest Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
- The winner will be notified of the date, time, and venue of the collection of the prize by Canon Singapore and HDB after the Contest period has ended.
- Canon Singapore and HDB may, without notice and at any time, substitute any prize with a prize of similar value, as determined by Canon Singapore and HDB. Prizes won are given out on an “as it is” basis, and are not transferable, or exchangeable or redeemable for cash. To the extent not prohibited by law, all warranties and representations in connection with the prizes are expressly excluded. Winners shall collect their prizes in person, and shall comply with and be bound by all terms which the prizes may be subject to.
- Participants shall ensure that they remain contactable at all times. If Canon Singapore and HDB fails to contact any winner for any reason whatsoever, it may at its discretion elect to determine another winner in accordance with the Contest mechanism.
- Canon Singapore and HDB may, at their sole discretion, modify the Contest Terms and Conditions, make prize substitutions or cancel this Contest, without prior notice to any person. Canon Singapore’s and HDB’s decisions on all matters relating to this Contest will be final, binding and conclusive on all Participants, and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Where prizes contain a specified validity period during which it should be utilised, no requests for extensions or replacements whatsoever will be entertained. Prizes which remain unclaimed by any winner for 1 month after the collection date shall be conclusively forfeited by such winner, and the forfeited prize will be dealt with at Canon Singapore’s and HDB’s discretion in accordance with applicable laws.
- Canon Singapore and HDB may disregard or disqualify any entry, participant, or winner, in such manner as Canon Singapore and HDB deem fit, without giving notice or reason, and without any liability to any person. In particular, Canon Singapore and HDB reserve the right to disregard or disqualify any participant who: (i) tampers with the operation of the Contest; (ii) procures another person to participate in the Contest with intent to create any prejudice or anomaly in the scoring system or operation of the Contest; and/or (iii) breaches these Terms and Conditions or any other applicable law or regulation.
- To extent permitted by law, Canon Singapore and HDB will not be responsible or liable for any loss, injury, death, claim or damage suffered by any person arising out of or in connection with the Contest and prizes, and each Participant and any person acting on his/her behalf shall indemnify Canon Singapore and HDB from any claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses incurred in connection therewith.
- Canon Singapore and its affiliates, service providers and commercial partners, as well as HDB, may collect, use, and disclose all contact information and personal data provided by each Participant to the extent necessary to conduct verification and other actions in connection with the Contest (including but not limited to those actions stated in these Contest Rules). Any information, personal data and material about or obtained from the Participant may be accessed, stored or otherwise processed in any medium or format determined by Canon Singapore and HDB, and may be transmitted across national borders for storage and/or processing.
- The Participant shall retain the ownership of any intellectual property rights he/she has created in his/her entry.
- The Participant grants Canon Singapore and HDB a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, edit, display or publicise his/her photo in any media format and channels for any purpose as deemed fit by Canon Singapore and HDB. The Participant will be given credit for such use.
- This Contest is governed by Singapore law, and each Participant shall submit to exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.
- All disputes, controversies, or differences arising out of or in connection with the Contest shall first be considered for submission to the Singapore Mediation Centre for resolution by mediation in accordance with the Mediation Procedure for the time being in force. Should the dispute be submitted to mediation, the parties agree to participate in the mediation in good faith and undertake to abide by the terms of any settlement reached.
- Each Participant acknowledges that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram and Facebook, and that he/she is providing information to Canon Singapore and HDB and not to Instagram and Facebook.